A Lesson in Cartooning
1: A foreign Journalist reporting from Gaza is blind to what's really happening behind and around him.
2: A "cool girl" hands him a pair of glasses.
3: He puts on the glasses, sees what's happening, clutches his heart, has a heart attack and collapses.
4, 5, and 6:The dramatic cartoon punch-line follows "Öpen Your Eyes." It is a direct and forceful message to the "viewer.
1. Target: Pick your "Target" audience.
2. Goal: Your goal should be a way to change, if only for a moment, the beliefs of your "Target" by cleverly slipping under their "defensive radar"
3. The Secret Sentence: The sentence that your cartoon will cause your "Target" to involuntarily say in his/her head (thus reaching your goal).
1. Target: The "Target" is the foreign press (as revealed by the punchline "open your eyes")
2. Goal: To change the beliefs of foreign reporters by cleverly slipping under their "defensive radar"???
3. The Secret Sentence: The sentence created in the mind of the foreign journalist is "the Israeli Foreign Ministry says I'm Stupid and Blind!"
1. Target: The foreign press
2. Goal: Use humor to change reporters' beliefs that their reports are believed
3. The Secret Sentence: The sentence created in the mind of the foreign journalist is "The public doesn't believe us anymore"